The Compass Occupational Safety & Health Management System provides a dynamic and adaptive tool for truly integrated OSH implementation, assurance and improvement based on the globally accepted standard OSHAS 18001.
Compass OSHMS enables organizations to demonstrate an operational occupational health & safety performance and facilitates certification thereof. The implementation of the OSHAS 18001 standard may be aligned with other management systems like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 and SA 8000. Nowadays many organizations look at implementing all preferred standards at the same time which is cost effective and minimizes disruption (avoiding the much feared audit fatigue!). In such case, organizations make use of the BSI PAS 99 (Publicly Available Specification) creating one framework to manage all of their (certified) management systems.
The benefits of using the Compass AuditBuilder in order to realise one overall integrated management system:
- Meet all standard requirements with one set of policies and procedures
- Audit more than one system at a time to save money and resources
- Improve overall efficiency by removing the need to duplicate tasks
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities highlight common objectives
- Make it easier to continually improve all your management systems
- Standardized document control
- All risk management benchmarks and performance imp[rovement indicators made visible in one dashboard
OSHAS 18001 projection on the Deming circle, highlighting the Checking & Corrective Action functionality of Compass OSHMS: